Hellllllllllo July, where is this year going.
There is a new theme on The Artistic Stampers blog today and that theme is Black and White, pop over check out my teamies creations and I hope you will feel inspired and join in. One lucky winner will be chosen to receive a prize.
The card I am sharing today was fairly quick to make using background stamps, calligraphy mats and masks made from scrap paper.
Step by Step
* Work straight onto the card blank. Take precautions to keep the blank as clean as possible. I am a very messy crafter so I placed some kitchen towel underneath the card and taped the card down with masking tape in the hopes nothing would move.
* Use a roll of tape for its circle shape (or anything else that will give you a circle) draw out a basic flower shape on the card.
* Ink up a calligraphy mat stamp with black archival ink and repeatedly stamp the calligraphy mat down the side of the card.
* Paint the flower shape black.
* Lay the dot mask over the flower segments using scraps of paper of block off the other areas and sponge/ paint the dots with white acrylic paint. I painted mine by hand, it took a bit of time but I did not want the uniform look that sponging would have given me.
* Cut a circle of card to fit the center circle of the flower, Stamp, Stencil and scrape paint onto the circle and glue into place.
* Cut the overhanging part of the circle off, and tidy up the edges of the circles with black and white pens.
* Remove all the tape holding the card in place and if you are like me breathe a sigh of relief as you hopefully have not made to much mess.
Thank you for stopping by and for the time you take to read my posts and comment. It really is appreciated, please pop over to The Artistic Stampers blog and join in the challenge for a chance to win an amazing prize.