For today's Inspirers team post I would like to share this reasonably quick card, made using Distress Ink and an embossing folder.
I cut a peiece of Sheena Douglass stamping card down to fit the front of my card blank, over this I blended Peeled Paint and Twisted Citron ink. I then sprinkled water over the top and ran it through the Downton Abby Fleur De Lis embossing folder. Once dry I lightly sponged some Mustard Seed ink around the edges and over the top. To finish I added some ribbon, Gems and an embellishment from my stash. The Word 'DREAM' was stamped with archival ink from the Texture Words of Wonder set 2.
It's Friday and time for my Crafters Companion post, I am back on track with no fun excuses for not posting this week. This card is 8x8 in size and it was just fun to make, there was no plan, it just came about from the excess pieces of a different card I was making and a desire to experiment with some paints and gesso.
This card started with the Downton Abby Fleur De Lis embossing folder (This is currently out of stock, but I know loads of people have the collection ) and the Diesire circle accordion card dies. I know it's very different for this collection, quite grungy and messy. I cut a few circles using Cordination pastel card stock and the dies in different sizes and ran them through the embossing folder.
The waste card I had cut the circles from was then placed over a piece of Sheena's stamping card and used as a mask. Over the mask a scrapped pebeo gesso and once dry I sprayed on to with Pebeo Iridescent blue green and green yellow paints that I had mixed with water in a spray bottle. The mix was approximately 50/50 and I only made small quantities of the mix. The gesso acted as a resist and created some interesting texture.
Opps! I forgot to post my Friday Crafters Companion project. I have a pretty good excuse. I was visiting the Crafters Companion store based in Aycliffe Durham.
It was a long journey and took me about 5/6 hours. It was all for a good reason, to meet the other lovely ladies on the Inspirers team, they are all amazing ladies and it was an absolute pleasure to be able to meet them in person and spend some time getting to know them.
Oh and being able to shop in the store was no hardship either, It was beautifully set out and stocked full of amazing products. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I spent way to much lol
Because I forgot to post and I have decided to give away some of my lovely creations. The first is pictured above. The original post can be found here. If you would like to receive this, please follow my blog and leave a comment I will pick a random person in two weeks and post it our to them.
For my post today I would like to share with you a photo album I created using Centura Pearl card stock, Crafters Companion dies and the BoBunny Dreamers paper collection. This was a great project but it took some time to complete, Taking half decent photos also was difficult, so I made my first ever video (I felt so nervous and strange so I apologise in advance) which should be posted near the bottom of this post.
The album measures approximately 15.5 (H) x 21.5 (L) x 9 (W) cm. It is quite a chunky album with 1cm spaces between the pages on the binding. I edged the whole book with green distress ink to tie everything together.
Thanks for reading and hopefully fingers crossed watching the vid, if everything went to plan
Today the new challenge over on The Artistic Stampers blog and facebook page starts, This month the theme is MONOCHROME. To enter you must use stamping in your project and the winner will get lovely stamps.
I used three colours of distress ink, picket fence, chipped sapphire, and faded jeans. Because I was using picket fence I spread the inks onto my craft mat and applied the ink to my card from there.
I created the background by cutting a circle from a piece of scrap paper for the moon, and also ripping strips of scrap paper to create the layers in the ground. Once I had the ink down I sprinkled water over the top, mostly in the sky.
I stamped the mushrooms and the words onto a separate sheet of paper, and coloured them in with the same inks and a water brush, before gluing them into place on the card.